If I ran the world
If I ran the world, well, let's face it; things would be AWESOME! But more than that, the following would be true:
1. There would be no spaces in my car where my keys can fit, but my hand can't.
2. The makers of orange juice would take half of the safety seals on their product (seriously, a plastic ring you have to cut, a bullet-proof lid on so tight you need pliers, and some sort of plastic pull-off cover?) and put them on yogurt containers (why did they get rid of the lids??? Those suckers roll out of the bag and hit the floor with a serious explosion.)
3. It would really be called "sunscream" like my daughter calls it. When you get it in your eye AGAIN this year, you'll understand.
4. There would be one type of glue/sealant/caulk. It would work on absolutely everything.
5. Fresh vegetables would come in little plastic packages you have to tear open, which make children inherently like them, and they would be able to sit out in the car for hours at a time without spoiling.
6. My neighborhood would have sidewalks.
7. People would have to get a license to run for public office and that license could be revoked for any number of reasons.
8. I would only have to go to work when my children are screaming. I could stay as long as I want and daycare would accomodate that.
9. We would get rid of holidays with obligations attached to them and replace them with "holidays" that randomly occur when the weather is nice out.
10. People who directly affect our safety (bus drivers, the people who clean hospital rooms, daycare teachers, police, etc) would be paid the most. Pay would reflect your direct impact on the people you serve, not the inverse.